5. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18, you may use the Website or Services on behalf of such minor child. You represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of such child.
6. The Website is administered in Canada and intended for Canadian users; any use outside of Canada is at the user’s own risk and users are responsible for compliance with any local laws applicable to their use of the Services or the Website. Not all Services discussed, referenced, provided, or offered through or on the Website are available to all persons or in all geographic locations, or appropriate or available for use outside Canada. GWNFA reserves the right to limit the provision of any feature, product, or service to any person or geographic area. Any offer for any feature or Services made on the Website is void where prohibited.
7. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trade-marks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel”, and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Website is owned and controlled by GWNFA, and is protected by copyright, and trade-mark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws. No part of the Website and no Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed, in any way (including “mirroring”) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without our express prior written consent.
8. You may use information on our Services (such as data sheets, knowledge base articles, and similar materials) purposely made available by us for downloading from the Website, provided that you (1) not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose, and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such information.
Your Use of the Website
9. You may not use any deep-link, page-scrape, robot, spider, or other automatic device, program, algorithm, or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents, or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve the right to bar any such activity.
10. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website by hacking, password mining, or any other illegitimate means. You may not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace, or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Website, or any other of our customers, including any GWNFA account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Website.
11. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or our systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Website or to us.
12. You agree not to use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction or Service being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
13. You may not disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to us on or through the Website or any Services offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
15. You may not post any content to the Website which is inappropriate, offensive, or untrue. The information that you provide us must be true, correct, accurate, and reliable. You must not, either through any act (including but not limited to posting your personal details on the Website) or omission, mislead, or deceive anyone while using the Website or Services.
Accounts, Passwords, and Security
16. Certain features or services offered on or through the Website require you to open an account (including setting up a user name and password). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information you hold for your account, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account as a result of your failure to keep this information secure and confidential. You agree to notify us immediately in writing of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by us or any other user of or visitor to the Website due to someone else using your GWNFA user name, password, or account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential. You may not use anyone else’s GWNFA user name, password, or account at any time without that person’s express permission.
Links to Other Sites
18. This Website may contain links to other independent third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Linked Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
19. WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICE, OR FEATURE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL PROVIDE SPECIFIC RESULTS. THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, AND ITS CONTENT ARE DELIVERED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. WE CANNOT ENSURE THAT ANY FILES OR OTHER DATA YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS, AND CONDUCT OF PROVIDERS AND ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR ANY SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST US FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION OF RELIEF IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability, or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence, or any other cause of action.
20. We reserve the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or access to the Website, or any portion of the Website, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Website, or any portion of the Website, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Website, or any portion of the Website, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
Limitation of Liability
22. You agree to indemnify and hold us, our officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, legal and professional advisors, subsidiaries, and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims, or expenses (including legal fees), made against us by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website.
25. We may, in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, terminate your access to the Website, for cause, including, but is not limited to (1) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (2) a request by you, (3) discontinuance or material modification of the Website or any Services offered on or through the Website, or (4) unexpected technical issues or problems.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
Feedback and Information
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. GWNFA shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
The information contained in this Website is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2017 Great White North Franchisee Association. All rights reserved.